The Wilderness Resort complex in Wisconsin Dells has several areas for lodging, dining, water park fun and other activities. The most popular is the Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort which is known world-wide as America’s largest water park resort.
Located at 511 East Adams Street in the Dells the Wilderness is close to the communities of Lake Delton, Baraboo, Reedsburg and LaValle Wisconsin. Visit our WI Dells Area Guide for hotel and dining information and things to do in WI Dells and the surrounding area.
In July 2003, the resort opened Wilderness on the Lake, a premier 108-unit condominium complex overlooking beautiful Lake Delton. Each two- or three-bedroom unit is fully-furnished in rich hues and fine tapestries, and includes a four-season patio with four-person hot tub. The Wilderness on Lake Delton also has its own indoor/outdoor water park, infinity pool with vanishing edge, sand beach and full access to all other Wilderness resort amenities.
Then, in July 2006, the resort opened Glacier Canyon Lodge, a premier 460-unit condominium resort which connects to the main Wilderness resort via a fully-enclosed walkway. This upscale facility offers double queen guest rooms as well as 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom fully-furnished units. The facility also has its own 3.2 acre Lost World outdoor water park & access to all resort amenities.
The Wilderness resort is divided into two areas — the New Frontier region and the Wild West region.
• The New Frontier front desk area for guests who are staying at the main resort, The Wild Canyon Café family-style restaurant, Tommy Knockers Watering Hole, a gift shop and General Store
• Klondike Kavern indoor waterpark, a 65,000-square-foot facility
• Wild WaterDome indoor waterpark, a 70,000-square-foot facility
• New Frontier outdoor waterpark, a 95,000-square-foot facility
• 282 guest rooms
• Ok Corral Lazer Tag Arena
• Polk-a-Dot Pots, Paint Your Own Pottery
• Wilderness Canyon Canopy Zip Line Tour, located outside next to Klondike Kavern
The Wild West region, or western portion of the resort behind the parking lot, includes:
• The Wild West front desk area for guests staying in condominiums, villas and cabins, the Trading Post Gift Shop, Goody Gum Drop Sweet Wild Candy Shoppe and the O.P. Marketplace convenience store.
• Wild West indoor waterpark, a 70,000-square-foot facility
• Dodge ‘Em City, a 30,000-square-foot indoor play park featuring Timberland Playhouse, the Dell’s first maximum ballocity, four-story dry foam (think Nerf®) play park. It features a ball fountain which shoots hundreds of balls into the air, 12 mounted foam ball blasters, over 10 slides, twisting and turning crawl space, and a special toddler play area with soft foam animals.
• The Northern Lights Arcade
• The Wild Abyss and Wild Buccaneer, 3-D, black light miniature golf courses
•The Thirsty Buffalo Saloon, a sports bar located on the mezzanine level of the Wild West Water park
•The Giddy Up Pub
•Pistol Pete’s Beans & Ice Cream
•Lake Wilderness outdoor waterpark
•Mackinac Tap & Snack Shack
•Real estate offices
•A fitness center
•162 guest rooms
In addition to 444 guest rooms, resort accommodations also include 76 condominiums, 40 vacation villas and 35 cabins. The resort is also home to:
•Wild Rock Golf Club – An award-winning championship 18 hole gold course
•The Woods – An executive 9-hole golf course
•Wilderland – An outdoor park area with grills located by the New Frontier Condominiums, it also has an outdoor movie screen for free movie nights in the summer
This 40,000-square-foot outdoor waterpark located behind the Wild West Region of the hotel includes:
• Lake Wilderness, a 13,000-square-foot outdoor pool with built-in lounging ridge
• A 300-foot tube slide
• A 220-foot body slide with plunge pool
• Two, 100-foot speed slides with plunge pool
• A lap pool
• A children’s wading pool with hands-on water activity island and spray features
• Mackinac Snack Shack serving up convenience foods, snacks and beverages
• 9 high-end cabanas along the edge of Lake Wilderness are available for rent. They offer guests the opportunity for private seating, TV viewing, towel service and food and beverage services.
This 95,000-square-foot outdoor waterpark located in the New Frontier Region of the hotel, features includes:
• A 600-foot lazy river
• A 200-foot tube slide and a 400-foot tube slide
• A kiddy area with 50 hands-on play-and-spray features and smaller slides
• Outdoor pools and hot spa
• Over an acre of deck space with lounge chairs and tables
WILD WEST INDOOR WATER PARK:
Located in the Wild West Region of the hotel, the Wild West 70,000-square-foot indoor waterpark includes:
• The Black Hole, this outrageously fun tube slide takes two guests on an exciting tunnel ride before they race into a huge bowl where they spin around and descend into a corkscrew that center that drops them down into a landing pool.
•Bumper Boats, Crash into your friends and have a splashing good time getting wet.
• The Fantastic Voyage, the Dells’ only five-person raft ride that takes guests on an exciting journey through twisting and turning tunnel ways together. When the ride is completed, a conveyor belt system returns the huge raft to the top of the ride so all you need to do is walk back to the beginning for more back fun!
• Ransack Ridge, a six-level, free-standing play feature which is the largest of its kind ever to be created by NBGS International, makers of fine waterpark equipment. It features a 750-gallon car-tipping bucket, the largest ever created, that spills water every 3 minutes. Water blasters, animated targets and various water jets, all in a Wild West theme, add to the excitement of this intensely fun new waterpark.
• The Thirsty Buffalo, enjoy hearty burgers soups and salads while looking out over the Wild West Waterpark
• Grizzly’s Grill offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
Located in the New Frontier Region of the hotel, this 65,000-square-foot indoor waterpark was designed to allow parents to easily keep an eye on their children and enjoy themselves as well. It features:
• Bonanza Bluff, a huge play feature which includes 50 play and spray features on 12 different platforms, a 750-gallon tipping bucket, a 24-foot body slide and a 4-foot side by side children’s slide
• The Hurricane, Experience the Dells’ tallest indoor 4-person, family raft ride which plummets thrill seekers at a 45 degree angle down 58 feet where they enter a funnel at a pulse-pounding 20 mph. There, they are propelled up the opposite side of the funnel and experience a momentary Zero-Gee experience before exiting into a splash into a landing pool below. Fog machines, strobe lights and sound effects add to the thrills of this amazing ride.
• A 400-foot Lazy River
• Two, 500-foot tube rides
• Indoor/outdoor pool
• Indoor/outdoor hot springs
• Plenty of lounging space, patio furniture and televisions
• OK Corral Lazer Tag Arena in the upper deck region
• Kodiak Kanteen offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
Located in the New Frontier Region of the hotel, the Wild WaterDome 70,000-square-foot indoor waterpark features an amazing, state-of-the-art Foil Tec roof that actually allows guests to tan indoors year-round and for plants to grow inside. The roof is also very energy efficient and saves the resort over $16,000 a month in utility fees compared to the resort’s other two indoor waterparks.
This fun waterpark is home to:
• The nation’s largest indoor wave pool, The Great Wave, measuring 15,450 square feet this unbelievably cool attraction is capable of generating waves up to 5 feet tall
• A 2,150-square-foot play lagoon
• The Dueling Mammoths, a high-energy family tube ride that families race down together
•9 “cave-themed” private cabanas available for rent
•Plenty of deck space for kicking back, relaxing and catching a few rays
•Wooly’s Eatery and Raccoon Salon offering convenience foods, snacks and beverages
•Survivor’s Bar & Grille serving up great beverages and American classics in the mezzanine level.
Here’s a fun video of the Wilderness Wild Waterdome and Klondike Kavern Indoor Water Park:
• In-room refrigerator, microwave and color TV
• Private deck or balcony
• Hairdryers, coffeemakers and coffee packets
• Wireless internet access
• Select rooms feature hide-a-bed sofas, fireplaces, wet bars or whirlpools
The resort has 40 vacation villas available for rent subject to availability. Each 2,000-square-foot, log-themed villa sleeps up to 8 people and includes:
•Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room with gas fireplace, dining room and fully equipped kitchen with all appliances, washer and dryer, and cooking utensils
•Two-person whirlpool in the upstairs bathroom
•Full access to all resort amenities
The resort has 76 Frontier condos available for rent, subject to availability. The Frontier four-condo units border the Little Links Course.
• Each 2,300-square-foot unit sleeps up to 14 people features three or four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and living and dining areas
• Three other units feature the Wilderness’ classic “Townhouse” style, offering two bedrooms and two bathrooms, as well as living and dining areas
• All feature a full range of appliances and guests have full access to all resort amenities
The resort has 19 four- and five-bedroom cabins & retreats available to rent, subject to
availability. Each is fully furnished and ranges in size from 3,120-4,350 square feet. They also feature four bathrooms, a four-person hot tub, family room with fireplace, and deck overlooking Wilderness Woods Golf Course. Select four bedroom condos also include Home Entertainment Centers complete with a 120” movie screen with front projection television system, Dolby Digital Surround sound System, DVD player.
In the summer 2005, the resort unveiled 16 rustic, yet beautiful, 1,300-square-foot cabins to its line-up of great lodging options. Each cabin is fully-furnished, and has three bedrooms plus kids’ cabin bunks area, two bathrooms, a living room with sofa sleeper, fireplace, large outdoor deck and full kitchen.
All cabins are located in the woods back near Wild Rock Golf Club — a complimentary shuttle is available to transport guests to the main resort. All cabin guests have full access to all resort amenities.
WILDERNESS ON THE LAKE UNITS:
In July 2003, the resort opened Wilderness on the Lake, a premier 108-unit condominium complex overlooking beautiful Lake Delton. Each two- and three-bedroom unit is fully-furnished in rich hues and fine tapestries, and includes a four-season patio with four-person hot tub.
The facility also has its own indoor/outdoor waterpark, infinity pool with vanishing edge, sand beach and full access to all resort amenities.
In July 2006, the resort opened Glacier Canyon Lodge, a premier 460-unit condominium resort which connects to the main Wilderness resort via a fully-enclosed walkway. The upscale facility offers double queen guest rooms as well as 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom fully-furnished units. The facility also has its own 3.2 acre Lost World outdoor waterpark and full access to all resort amenities.
SARENTO’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT & PIZZERIA:
This fantastic Italian restaurant features everything from pizza to pasta, as well as veal, chicken and steak entrees, all served with impeccable service. The restaurant has one of the area’s largest selections of fines wines with 70 percent being Italian and the rest consisting of noteworthy California and French labels.
The restaurant is a partnership between Wilderness co-owner, Tom Lucke, the Field brothers of Field’s at the Wilderness; and Nicholas Nickolas, the owner of 2 Sarento’s Italian restaurants in Hawaii as well as a variety of Famous Nick’s Fish Markets throughout the United States.
FIELD’S AT THE WILDERNESS PREMIER STEAK HOUSE:
Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright protégé James Dresser, and operated by Robert John Field and Tim Field, this fine dining establishment offers exquisite food in an elegant yet relaxed setting.
• A menu featuring prime cuts of steak, chops and fresh grilled seafood, along with fabulous appetizers.
• A display kitchen with a copper-covered, wood burning oven
• A mahogany wine case displaying over 150 varieties of fine wine
• Three stone-hearth fireplaces
• A 36-foot atrium and large windows overlooking Wilderness Woods golf course
• Bar and lounge with stage area for live entertainment
• Four private rooms with seating from eight to 80
• Reservations recommended — (608) 253-1400
WILD CANYON CAFÉ:
This rustic-themed family restaurant is located off the New Frontier lobby area. The 240-seat restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a unique “wilderness” atmosphere.
A fun sports bar located above the Wild West Waterpark that includes hearty burgers, fresh salads and other delicious food.
SURVIVORS BAR & GRILLE
A fun sports bar located above the Wild WaterDome that includes many favorites fresh off of the grill.
MONK’S BAR & GRILL:
A fun sports bar which features amazing classic and gourmet burgers, as well as specialty sandwiches, salads and delicious entrées.
For reservations or additional information please call 1.800.867.WILD (9453) or visit www.WildernessResort.com.