Some of our favorite sugar free brownie recipes are made with all-natural Stevia sweetener. If you aren’t familiar with Stevia or baking with Stevia products visit our What is Stevia page.
This is a chocolate Stevia recipe that everyone in the family can enjoy:
Fudgy Sugar Free Brownies
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate or carob chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon Stevia Extract Powder OR Stevia equivalent to 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash each of nutmeg and ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon walnut flavoring (optional)
- 4 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt OR 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Oil a 9 inch square baking pan. Place chips and butter in a double boiler pan over boiling water.
- Turn heat to medium low. Stir occasionally and heat to melt most of the chips.
- While chips are melting, mix flour, Stevia, spices, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine eggs, extracts, and yogurt or soy milk. Add chopped oats and set aside 15 minutes.
- Remove chocolate/carob mixture from heat. Quickly stir in dry ingredients and egg mixture. Turn into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the surface and press in lightly with a spatula.
- Bake in a 325F degree preheated oven for, 16 to 20 minutes. Brownies should pull away from the sides of the pan. Do not overcook.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Cut into squares.
Be sure to share our site with your friends! Click on the pop-up tabs below…