Here’s a healthier sugar-free version to try.
If you’re not familiar with all-natural Stevia sweetener visit our What Is Stevia Page.
For more sugar free dessert recipes or other Stevia recipes CLICK HERE.
Apple Pie Ingredients:
- Pastry for a 9 inch, 2 crust pie
- 6 cups peeled and sliced pie apples (Granny Smith or other tart apple)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Stevia extract powder
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Dash of Cloves or Allspice
Ingredients for Whipped Cream Topping: (Yields 2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh whipping cream (1/2 Pint)
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia Extract Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and fit bottom pastry into a pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle lemon juice over apples and stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, stir together Stevia, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves or allspice.
- Pile apples into crust. Dot with butter.
- With water, moisten the outer rim of the lower crust. Place upper crust on pie and crimp edges together.
- Slit top of pie to allow steam to escape.
- Optional-To give crust a nice finish brush lightly with milk or a bit of beaten egg.
- Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack, cover and leave at room temperature or refrigerate if desired.
- Serve with Vanilla Cream Topping (Recipe follows)
Whip together all the ingredients in a small deep mixing bowl until soft peaks form. (Using an electric hand mixer will take a lot less time) Do not over-beat or it will become a bowl of butter lumps. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Be sure to share our site with your friends! Click on the pop-up tabs below…